Typhoon intumescent bolt caps
Intemescent bolt caps have been engineered to provide protection from cellulosic, hydrocarbon and jet fire scenarios. Available as standard 8.8 size, these bolts can also be ordered to other specification sizes.
Comprising polymeric resin which incorporates fire resistant pigmentation, bolt caps are designed to provide protection to bolted connections in structural steel frames in the event of fire and have been tested up to three hours fire protection.
As there is no adhesive, paints or other bonded materials, the bolts slide on and provide optimal, consistent performance.
- Available in M16, M20, M24 & M30 in standard sizes with other sizes on request
- Easy to apply with up to nine times time savings on application
- Ensures consistent, aesthetically pleasing finishes
- Zero VOC and HAPS free
- Fire protection ratings on the bolted connections are independent of the surrounding passive fire protection materials
- Rapid installation reducing floor occupation times when compared to spraying connections
- Quicker handover of floors as access equipment usage time reduced (reduced working time at height)
- Can be installed using a single operative
- No protection required of surrounding surfaces as is the case with sprayed connections
- Installation can be carried out in all weather conditions
- All fire ratings achieved with one cap
- Very good aesthetics and can be colour coated to match parent steel work
- Consistent finish and quality to all connections
- Easy visual cyclic inspection for QA – bolt caps can be fitted after connection tensioning completed
- Provides enhanced corrosion protection