Nullifire Fire Paints are leading-edge fire protection for structural steel
Nullifire S707 intumescent basecoat is the most advanced and versatile water-based fire protection coating of its type. This unique structural steel fire protection solution is smooth and robust and provides the ideal surface profile for the application of a variety of architectural or high performance top seals, ideal for ‘exposed to view’ steelwork.
As the newest form of structural fire protection for steel, Nullifire Thin-film intumescent has a number of advantages over other more traditional methods.
- Smooth decorative appearance which can be easily top coated with a variety of finishes and colour options
- The hard film resists damage
- No top seal is required in non-decorative, internal applications
- Thin film overcomes clearance issues S707 is applied in a thickness of micros, often leading people to call thin film intumescents "fire paint"
- Thin film intumescent is significantly lighter than other more traditional methods such as vermiculite or concrete encasement - This reduces the amount of structural steel required in structures
- Low odour, low VOC (water based)
- Nullifire S707 intumescent coating system comprising of primer, intumescent coating and top seal provides high quality, decorative fire protection for structural steelwork for up to two hours
Nullifire S707 is water-based, halogen free and low VOC, making it ideal for on-site application. The VOC content of the products has been assessed in compliance with the test method South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Method 304-91. Perhaps most importantly however, Nullifire meets Australian Standards AS4100-1998 (Steel Structures), which sets out the minimum requirements for the design, fabrication, erection and modification of steelwork in structures in accordance with the limit states design method.
S708-60 is a class-leading water based thin filmed weather resitant intumescent for FRL's 30 and 60 minute. The big risk with intumescent coatings is the weather, rain and moisture do not mix well with intumescent coatings. S708 is designed to handle extended periods of up to 6 months exposed to the weather!