Isolatek Type 400 AC
Isolatek Type 400 AC is a gypsum based medium density Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) designed to provide protection for structural steel in commercial and high rise construction areas which may be subjected to higher levels of abuse such as mechanical and electrical rooms or elevator shafts.
Isolatek Type 400 AC offers enhanced strength, durability and excellent fire protection and meets the current IBC bond strength requirement of ≥ 430 psf for buildings over 75 ft. in height and 1000 psf for buildings over 420 ft. in height.
Isolatek Type 400 AC's physical properties, combined with superior fire-resistive performance and application efficiencies, make it the ideal choice for high rise structures and interior conditioned environments.
Isolatek Type 400 AC benefits
- Offers the most cost effective fire resistance performance per unit thickness and greatest productivity of any medium density SFRM.
- Less material is needed to achieve required fire ratings.
- Provides added value as a thermal insulator.
- Meets current IBC bond strength requirements for building over 420 ft. in height.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for commercial structures including ANSI/UL 263 and ASTM E119.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
Isolatek Type 400 AC uses
Designed to provide fire protection for up to four hour ratings to various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns and joists in commercial construction projects.