Isolatek Type M-II
Isolatek Type M-II (also known as Cafco Fendolite M-II) is the industry’s leading high-density wet mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) designed to provide fire protection for structural steel and concrete where physical abuse or high traffic may be anticipated.
Due to its Portland-cement formulation, thermal performance, proven superior durability and ease of application, Isolatek Type M-II is the preferred choice worldwide for use in the most challenging commercial and industrial applications.
Isolatek Type M-II benefits
- Most widely specified high density SFRM in the industry for over thirty years.
- Tested and listed in accordance with BS476: Parts 20 & 21, ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119, CAN/ULC-S101.
- Proven durability with over thirty years of service throughout the world.
- Lightweight formulation results in reduced dead loads (approximately one third that of concrete.
- Easiest high density fire protection material to install.
- Superior physical properties when evaluated to all major ASTM test methods to ensure durability.
- Prevents concrete spalling under impact and thermal shock.
- Also available in trowel grade (Isolatek Type TG).
- Inorganic material formulation does not promote mold or fungal growth.
- Can be used as a hard topcoat over other Isolatek SFRMs to obtain increased levels of abrasion and impact resistance.
- Worldwide manufacturing facilities ensure timely product availability.
Isolatek Type M-II uses
Isolatek Type M-II is specifically developed for spray (and trowel applications) to protect structural columns and beams in exterior environments and interior applications where highest levels of abrasion resistance and durability are necessary.
Recommended for interior and exterior exposed application to include clean rooms, parking garages, mechanical rooms, manufacturing facilities, petrochemical plants and other industrial uses where high density concrete type protection is required.