Isolatek Type II HS
Isolatek Type II HS (also known as Cafco Blaze-Shield HS) offers architects the option of specifying a commercial density product to meet the current IBC SFRM minimum bond strength requirement of 430psf for building heights ranging from 75′ to 420′.
Isolatek Type II HS is a cement-based, dry mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material specifically designed to provide high bond strength along with exceptional cost-effective thermal performance.
In addition to providing industry leading thermal and physical performance advantages, Isolatek Type II HS also acts as a thermal insulator and is particularly effective reducing heat loss when applied to the underside of a roof deck. The added R-value can contribute to a reduction in roof insulation.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for commercial structures including ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119, CAN/ULC-S101.
- Provides up to four hour fire resistance ratings.
- Meets Section 403.2.4 of the IBC High Rise Building requirement for minimum bond strength.
- Inorganic material formulation does not promote mold or fungal growth.
- Portland cement-based formulation makes it suitable to remain exposed to a variety of extreme weather environments during construction.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
- Offers recycled content for high strength, commercial density fireproofing and LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Dry mix formulation eliminates need to wash out pumps at end of day, reducing water requirements and waste.
Designed to provide fire protection for up to four hour ratings for various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial construction projects.